[RC] Temperature Variance in Working Horses - DVeritas

Okay, so I have been in and out all day (work a horse, bathe the horse, come in for water and chocolate....work a horse, bathe the horse, come in for water and Gatorade..etc.)

I got to thinking about how hot it is today.  How the horses seem to want to hide from me as I gimp up to them.

Then, I got to thinking about just how high does a horse's temperature get when working, say, on a day (like today) and the temperature is 92, with (don't laugh you SE'ers..) 14 percent humidity.

So, has anyone a clue as to temperature in a resting horse (around 101) and a horse working on a hot day?

Has anyone come up with the means to measure (such as the HRM) temperature while working?

Cooling the large arteries and the many capelleries, I mean capallaries, I mean capalarrys, (I give up...spell check is just going to have live with it) seems to be the "coolant" of choice for my horses...lots of water between the hind legs...on the face.....

Frank