Re: [RC] DIMR and its effect on performance - Tiffany D'Virgilio

When I the last Norco riverdance we had extreme heat. It was my first ride and temps were well over 100 with high humidity. I did perhaps the stupidest thing I have done on a ride due to DIMR. I galloped through a rocky dirt road in Jurupa park when I shouldn't have. Both the horse and I were tired, but I was so addled I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Mosh wound up taking a header and cutting her knee, while I took off some skin and landed in a crumpled heap. It woke me up enough to realize what I had done. We finished sound, the wound healed over, but I still feel badly about asking my mare to do too much at the wrong time. It was totally my fault, but I swear it seemed like a good idea at the time. Your judgment really flies out the window. I've taken care not to let it happen again, but I firmly believe that DIMR exists and allows your brain to decide stupid things.
Be aware of your condition and your decision making abilities, if your don't it can come back to bite you and your horse on the butt.
Take care out there to remain lucid and with good decision making-your horse will thank you for it.
Tiff