[RC] TI - To Finish Is To Win - KYielding

TI said in part,
"Those that think finishing is winning=
will go on, even if they have to get off and drag the horse=
behind them."

This is a very incorrect blanket statement.  Maybe a few, but none that I know.  Had the opportunity just about 3 weeks ago when my mare had gas colic 22 miles into a 30 mile ride.  After the vet came out and checked her she said as far as she was concerned my mare could be ridden back to camp.  Nope.  That did not happen.  I was not going to ride a mare who had recently been in that much pain.  Most riders feel this same way.  Maxi will be around to ride again another ride.  Never will I push to that extent.  By the way, it turned out she was having an alergic reaction to something but we could never figure out what it was.

Kathleen