Re: [RC] [RC] so what have you learned this week? - April

I have learned from the posts generated by Mr. Ivers presence. First is the concept of Efficiency Scores that Tom mentioned and Karen expounded on. I think this will help me in deciding if my horse's condition is getting better/worse or is constant.

Second is the concept and application of glucometer readings.

Third is the use of pubmed. Never heard of it before and while it seems to only show abstracts and I can't understand half of the abstract anyway, it is an interesting exercise to do some searches on things like "equine endurance" and see what pops up.

Oh, and when I read an article yesterday on TheHorse.com that dealt with VO2MAX, I at least recognized the term! :-)

I won't say I've learned more in the last week than in the last year from RC because I learn a lot from RC, but I have found some of the recent posts to be enlightening.

April
Nashville, TN