[RC] [RC] Easyboot Bare - Dreamweaver

Thank you Karen. I have long been a fan of easyboots. Your writing about them motivated me to try them back in '98 for the first time. They have sure come a long way since then, huh? I bought up a bunch back then so I would never be without spares and I still have some of the older models I have "modified". Some are still useable, but I think I will toss them all and try these new ones.

I must confess, it's hard for me to imagine these won't rub.....but if you are using them successfully, they must work fine :-)

One question, though - do you wrap the foot, coronet band, and pastern with anything before putting on the boot and gaiter? If not, have you had any probems with sand, dirt, etc... rubbing in the pastern area?

Hi Linda: I've figured out how to keep them from rubbing. I put up photos, and even some small videos (.mov format) all linked to this page: http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/ I have not had any problems with sand or dirt getting in there, and have ridden thru a lot of mud, and a lot of deep sand with the boots. I've been quite surprised myself at how well they are working! The first 50 I did in them, had a fair amount of deep sand -- and I did not wrap and did not have any rubbing. The trail had no natural water crossings. So the wrapping is probably more important if you are doing to have water crossings, and/or are doing multidays or maybe even just depending on the horse. I've used the Epics on another horse quite a bit and have not wrapped his pasterns yet and have not had any rubbing - but I will wrap when he does an endurance ride in them. I've also done endurance rides on two other horses with the epics, without wrapping, and did not have any rubs. Those were one day rides, 50/55's.

Karen
in NV