Re: [RC] TB Fitness - Sisu West Ranch

"... this post is an in-kind response to a personal attack..."
Mr. Ivers:

Please read my post carefully again. I carefully stated that I was not commenting on the truth of your conclusions. I also stated that I was not claiming that you do not carefully read the literature.

I was merely stating that your ridecamp posts will quote a published finding, with little analysis, only when the authority agrees with you. If a source does not agree with you, we are assured of receiving a complete analysis of why the study was flawed. I think that you did this again in your reply to my post.

I agree with much of what you have posted the last few days. (Particularly the low level of conditioning of TB race horses. ) I have carefully refrained from entering a debate upon the literature because in my retirement I no longer have unlimited access to copies of journal articles. Like many people in the world I have a life that prevents careful study of all the science in which I am interested.

Your comment that achedemic science always leads to more proposed studies is true. It is also true in industrial research and product development. I found that the hard part of my job was to understand the limitations of a study and only use the results when they truely applied to my situation.. If that meant that I delayed a product introduction while I did another study, that was what I had to sell to management. On the other hand, I had to refrain from doing endless studies because the goal was a real product that could be sold to the public.

I know that you are aware of the above problems, and try very hard to wisely use the scientific literature in your consulting business. It just does not come across that way in your Ridecamp posts.

Ed

PS. Please do not blame Wendy for my posts.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640