[RC] Answer to Angie - sandy . l . holder

Hi Tom,

When I first came into the sport of endurance horses 4 years ago, I 'connected' with Ridecamp to learn as much as I possibly could.  Although having ridden for numerous years over long distances with several different arabians (aging from 8 to 22, all which would be deemed today by top 10 statistics as excellent horses), I realized how much I didn't know and actively sought to learn (books, scientists, experienced horsemen and women, etc.).  Ridecamp was a venue that I found I could learn from.  Several times over the past 4 years, due to politics and pettiness, I unsubscribed as my primary goal of learning from it was not being attained.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've become active to a degree - meaning that I've tried to contribute my experiences and what I've learned - to those that subscribe.

It's been equally thrilling and frustrating to read (even in digest) the posts and several times, due to rudeness, I've almost unsubscribed.  Personally, I find the information you share in posts like the one referenced above keenly insightful and promoting my drive for continued learning.  Others, particularly when people attack each other versus debate ideas/concepts, are completely disgusting.  I just wasn't raised to treat others with that kind of disrespect and when individuals commence in name calling (I wouldn't let my kids participate in it as they were growing up), well, let's just say that it truly saddens me.

Irregardless of your reasons for becoming reactive or reactivated on Ridecamp, I'd personally enjoy continuing to learn from you, in this environment but would like to request of you and others to please stop stooping to the low levels of name calling that have occurred.  I would like to continue learning in a progressive environment.

Obviously people might conclude that I'd like to live in a dream world, but in my profession (we have 92,000 employees worldwide), I find that it is possible to treat others ethically and with respect irregardless of their culture, race, sex or background.  We can all potentially bring something of vital interest to the environment if we personally take responsibility for respecting others.

Please feel free respond to me on Ridecamp or privately.

Thanks and I look forward to the continued sharing of your wisdom and experiences.
Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.