[RC] TI posts - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: ti Tivers@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Those of us who have been around RC for a long long time, remember when we used
to chat about actually conditioning our horses, recovering and resting HR's,
what your heart rate should be before you start the next sprint, what your
recovery should be after so many minutes etc..

I would venture to guess that lots of people now have lots of questions, and
have learned more in 24 hours then they have in a whole year.

Nice to chat about something other then how to put on an Easyboot.  I can find
that in the archives.

Chris Martin >

Uh oh, beware the alpha cows and druids, Chris. You have to live here.

But you're right. There was a time when US endurance was at the top,
internationally, due to a few genuine competitors. But the rest of the world
caught on to the old protocols, and, of course, surpassed them. That's the way
athletics works--the job of the coach is to take his athlete to the top, by
doing more of the right things than the guy at the top right now. And usually,
the guy at the top can't change--human nature to stick far too long with ideas
that worked in the past.

Now, every rider in the US is a winner, basking in false self-esteem and not a
little smarmy sanctimony. Midget emperors with no clothes to the rest of the
world. Air-headed approaches to almost all aspects of the sport--witness the
selection process and rules for sponsored international competition as a
perfect example. A kind of cult commune with it's own mindless religion and
Party Elites dedicated to stifling independent thought and action while passing
out the goodies to their clique members.

And nobody, at all, thinking about how, precisely, to build champions from the
ground up--and chiding those few who break out of the intellectual jail and do
so.

Winners, all. Laughable.

ti