[RC] Baloney Bill and Tom comment - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: edie booth desertbred@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

?Sylvia said:
Wait!  I thought Bill and Smokey were totally debunked...what did I miss?
I remember the bet, I remember someone going out to see the famous "Smokey"
and I remember that it was all proven to be smoke (pardon the pun) and
mirrors....no?>

You are entirely correct---- debunked.  Bill is the great BSer, just not quite
in the same `published` category as Frank Hopkins. But I guess he is good
enough for Tom.

Tom, you should understand that most endurance riders are not going to buy that
Baloney....  particularly when someone who is known in the endurance world can
go right over to Bill's house (which was not the hundred+ acres as shown on his
web site at one time) and see the horses, all very visible from the county road.

I did go over and have my photo taken with a current Dallas paper (for dating
purposes) in front of the horse Smokey, who was unable to come out and whip all
of us on that 100 mile FEI Ride in the Northwest, because of "emergency colic
surgery". WEll, boy oh boy, I need that veterinarian!!!   Emergency colic
surgery and not even a scar 5 days later----  did not even have to be shaved
for the surgery....  wonder of wonders.

So you are peddling your stories around the wrong people on this list...
better stick to the `HS` (not necessarily to stand for `Horse Science` but
maybe Horse something else) where you can control everything and everybody.

Then, of course the baloney about Bill going over to Iraq in special forces to
save Jessica, and getting his arm blown off in the line of duty "for his
country".  That was a huge insult to guys who REALLY ARE getting killed and
having their arms and legs blown off.  Remarkable that I saw Bill riding his
Harley very shortly after he sent in that story.  Remarkable how quickly he
must have gotten that prosthetic arm and have it working so wonderfully. Most
ordinary guys take months to get that done.

Bill's `published` work on HS was not worth the ... uhhhh `paper` it was
written on.  (It was as substantial and factual as the `paper`.)

I had forgotten about a lot of that stuff with my busy life, but you have
dragged it back out.

You may as well shut up on this list, Tom.  I can drag out all the evidence and
memories of the research that went into exposing the fraud.

Edie in Texas....

about 8 miles from  Bill's, or as some say, Bull's house.