[RC] Big Horn Saddle - Laura Hayes

My experience with a Big Horn saddle was last spring when I rode Cuyama on a borrowed horse and rode with Trilby.  I wasn't happy with the saddle the borrowed horse came with (I don't even know what it was, but an english type saddle).  Trilby got pulled at the lunch stop and they had no way of getting her horse off the mountain, so I ponied him the 27 miles back, but switched saddles on the horses before I started out.  It was a used saddle, but the first time Trilby had used it.  It set my legs too far under me--in fact in a backward position....ugh.  I spent the whole 27 miles trying to get my legs further forward to the straight down position, and getting the ponied horse to keep up...it was a long 27 miles and I finished in the dark just under the time limit....

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741