[RC] scratches - kkmoonshadowrnch

 I had a TB mare a few years ago and always was at best keeping her scratches at bay.  Vet thought that she had an allergic problem or autoimmune disorder. anyway tried lots's of different remedies.  The anitbiotics from the vet worked the least.  Sauerkraut poultice did a pretty good job. but what worked the best was straight selsun blue on the scratches for 10 minutes then rinse off and scrub off all the scruffy stuff.  Then cover the sensitive areas with women's yeast infection cream from the grocery store.  It was the most cost effective and worked the best.  still had to montor it frequently on her.  Thankfully, I sold her a couple years ago.  It was a ton of work keeping those scratches under control.

Kathy & Nick
Moonshadow Ranch
McKenna, WA