[RC] girths - Kathie Ford

I too use the mohair. Several of my mares are thing skinned and one gelding too.  I have never had rubs with the exception of one mare, Dolly, that my daughter had leased to a friend for a while. She used a leather girth and cranked it.  She developed nodules that we ended up having our vet have to inject.  Poor Dolly, we were pretty upset as we had given instructions in this area. She is the thinnest skinned of the group and it was imperative.  Since then she's had no issues and the others never have.  That's a pretty good record! Smiley emoticon

kathie