[RC] Preventing rubs w/silicone or latex - Sherman

Angie wrote:

That said, Karen, I do remember Nina Warren saying she put bathroom
calking under splint boots to prevent rubs. I'm betting she used latex. I
know it was white because she said everyone just thought it was desitin.

Did this work? I ask because my horses need splint guards to prevent nicking their legs, but then get rub marks from the splint guards. I'd considered a sock underneath, which a vet had suggested to my neighbor with the same problem, but they'd get wet, hold dirt, etc.  I was also considering using just a small piece of duct tape (it comes in nice colors now!) just to cover the "spot" that gets nicked. What do you think?

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA