Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2813 LD horses - Chipnml

My horse was definitely NOT an LD horse when I started him.  We didn't have LD in the Midwest at that time, so I did 25 mile CTR.  He pulled and fought me the whole time, so I just said to him "fine, you feel that way at the end of 25...we'll do 50!"  He was much happier doing 50!  I was on line for doing 100, but the stars just weren't right.  Now he is semi-retired due to arthritis, and I'm still dying to do my first 100.  It's hard to coordinate doing one here in MN since we have so few in the upper midwest.  I do plan on doing 100's with my next horse (whenever that happens), even if I have to move out to CA!  In retrospect, I probably should have done more dressage with him, since he was always naughty for the first loop.

Chip