Re: [RC] 100s - Chris Paus

sometimes it's not the way we ride, but the horse we ride! My right knee has hurt for years ever since I had a bad fall (not from my own horse) and tore the meniscus. it usually isn't that big a deal, but when you have no articular cartilege left, it is.

Anyway, I had pretty much given up doing longer distances because of the pain. Even on a 25, it took me several vicodin to get through it.

Since I've been riding my young mare more and my gelding less, my knee hasn't hurt so much! She just moves differently than he does and fits me differently. Must be better for me. I realized recently that I haven't even taken any ibuprofens at the CTRs I've done with her. So now, just by changing horses, I'm starting to think higher mileage rides again!

I mentioned it to my grandson and he said, "It's because Star moves like a rabbit.. up and down.", LOL... Ali, my mare, glides more.

chris

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> >I suspect that fear of hurtingThe good thing about making yourself do a 100 is that you can ride wrong,
or inefficiently, and last through a 25. Then you just keep doing it. But
to ride a 100 you will try harder to use your body right. I know I have
improved a lot because I rode farther. I had been riding the way I rode
for years but doing 100 changed me. My knees used to hurt a lot. I talked
about it a lot. Lately, they're not bothering me. If I'd learned to ride
efficiently sooner, I might not have done so much damage in the first
place.

Angie

I argue very well. Ask any of my remaining friends.
I can win an argument on any topic. People know this and steer clear of
me at parties.
Often as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me. Dave
Berry