[RC] tension headachs and riding - Diana Anderson

Yes I have had the same problem years ago.    I found I was holding my upper torso ridgid.  Almost like I was bracing my neck.  It was a very hard habit to break.  Start during your training sessions slowing down or stopping and purposfully release those muscles.-shrug your shoulders, flap your upper arms.  Then work this into being able to do it without jerking your neck during the trot.  Also watch your forearms are you clutching with those muscles?  You will be able work the habit of relaxing your shoulders, neck and forearms into your ride.