Re: [RC] Horse Digestion - Cynthia Eyler

According to a mailing I just got from AERC's education committee, it takes a horse three weeks to adjust to a new feed.  Why not feed at least a little beet pulp all the time, so your horse's gut bugs are accustomed to it?

I feed chopped alfalfa before a conditioning ride to buffer the acid his stomach produces (which is why I also feed it at rides), so I try to make sure he gets at least a couple of alfalfa cubes every day.

Cindy