[RC] sharing/hauling other people's horses, etc. - Ed Kilpatrick

we were camping in tennessee at a big campground.  young fella rode up to the vending area, asked one of the vendor's, "is it ok if i tie my horse to the side of your trailer?"   vendor told him, "sure, if you have $1000!"     "$1000!, said the kid,  "what for?"    vendor said, "thats what it will cost to repair my trailer if your horse paws, dents it and scrapes off the paint!"     kid says, "no thanks, mister.  i'll just tie him to this tree!"

i do favors for folks all the time.   i haul horses and dont charge enough to make it worthwhile.  we take other friends with us to endurance rides.  they help with fuel, food, etc.    it is far more important to make friends, have a good time, and not really sweat the dollars.
it is always a good idea to iron out the details up front when it comes to expenses.  it saves confusion and hurt feelings later.       ed