[RC] How To - Share a Trailer Ride?? - Aaron Turnage

I seem to de-lurk in winter while there's little riding to do....  =)

My husband recently started his own business and has permantely taken possession of our one truck we have (I have a smaller SUV).  We are in the process of looking for a new vehicle for me but it may be several months before we can afford something reliable (our #1 priority).  So I may need to borrow a ride to events this spring/early summer for my horse.

For those of you that do this, what typically works best?  I of course would share the cost of gas (plus a little extra usually for the "favor"), but how do you usually arrange your own transportation?  Ride with them, take your own car?  What about camping?  Tie to their trailer?  We don't have large trees at most of the ridecamps here in NV so I can't really high-line to anything.  He ties well but can walk around and eat incessantly so that can be kind of "loud" sometimes.  How do you minimize "stuff"?  I have gone successfully with my tack, crew bucket, extra feed, etc but my horse eats a LOT and requires extraordinary amounts of hay (usually 3/4 - 1 bale for an overnight Friday, come home Sat trip).  Where do YOU sleep?  I guess a lot of this would vary by whomever I am going with and their accomodations but I'm a little stressed thinking I might not get to go to very many rides this year until we can get a new truck.  =(

Also, anyone selling a cheap reliable 3/4 ton SUV (Suburban, Excursion) in the Reno-area?  =)

Thanks!

Crysta & Sinatra (Yeah!  A Slumber party!)