Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2252 selling high-caliber horses - Chipnml

In reading all the comments regarding selling high caliber horses, I find I'm glad I compete locally on a mediocre horse and will never be faced with the pressure of selling an animal in which I've invested so much time, sweat and pure emotion.  I very much respect the dedication and sacrifice of those who compete at such a high level, and am often in awe of their accomplishments, but it is not for me.  Many many years ago I was offered a lot of money for my first distance horse, which I easily turned down.  Who knows, maybe he would have gone on to be another Rio.  Instead he's been my best friend for for 23 years.  Of course, I've often said the only reason I've hung onto Cheers for so long is no one in their right mind would ever take him off my hands! :-)

Chip, Cheers, and Earen (still,at 28, IMHO the most beautiful horse in the world)