Re: [RC] goeth, partner a JR? - rides2far

 Ok, now for the ?, If we all start and I get pulled, does my
daughter have to quit at that point to??

Someone else has to take up her sponsorship. Someone almost always does.
If your daughter & horse look as if they're handling the trail well...and
you have the faces of sincere, nice people, most riders will put
theirselves in your shoes and offer to take her. I've often had a ride
manager come over and ask me if I'll take a kid for someone I don't know.

The thing is...be appreciative. If your daughter "would like to place"
it's time for her to put that asside. Beggers can't be choosers. What
you're hoping for is a finish. Hopefully the junior's horse will be in a
little better shape than the new sponsor to be *sure* the sponsor doesn't
over pace the junior. I also think it's rude to ask someone who is going
for a placement to take on a junior they don't know. If possible, the
sponsor should be one who will not have to alter their pace just because
they took on the junior. It's almost always a pleasant outcome. I've had
quite a few people take my junior on when I pulled. I'm very careful
about asking and try to ask someone whose ride I don't think she'll
affect. The ride manager or someone in the vet check who knows the other
riders may do that for you. I've taken some nice kids on and I've taken
on a few who were unfriendly and unappreciative. Teach your daughter that
these people took on a risk to take her and to show she appreciates it.
That's all the sponsor wants. Think positive though...hopefully you'll
make it! :-))

Angie