[RC] Fw: [AussieEndurance] life saving info - Tom Sites

By subscribing to the Aussie Yahoo Chat i have come across many interesting things.  I contacted the Moderator and asked if i could Forward messages and was told i could, as long as proper acknowlegement was made, so here is the first.  We all should consider this.  ts

Hi,

Someone sent me this and I thought it might be a good idea for horse riders
too.  I know lots of people train alone and carry their phones with them.
If you come off your horse and are injured it might actually be very handy
for those who come to your rescue if you can't tell them your details.

Cheers Chrisann

>ICE - In Case of Emergency
>
>A campaign encouraging people to enter an emergency contact number in
their
>mobile phone's memory under the heading ICE (In Case of Emergency), has

>rapidly spread throughout the world as a particular consequence of last

>week's terrorist attacks in London.
>
>Originally established as a nation-wide campaign in the UK, ICE allows
>paramedics or police to be able to contact a designated relative /
>next-of-kin in an emergency situation.
>
>The idea is the brainchild of East Anglian Ambulance Service paramedic
Bob
>Brotchie and was launched in May this year. Bob, 41, who has been a
>paramedic for 13 years, said: "I was reflecting on some of the calls
I've
>attended at the roadside where I had to look through the mobile phone
>contacts struggling for information on a shocked or injured person.
Almost
>everyone carries a mobile phone now, and with ICE we'd know immediately
who
>to contact and what number to ring. The person may even know of their
>medical history."
>

>By adopting the ICE advice, your mobile will help the rescue services
>quickly contact a friend or relative - which could be vital in a life
or
>death situation. It only takes a few seconds to do, and it could easily

>help save your life. Why not put ICE in your phone now?  Simply select
>new contact in your phone book, enter the word 'ICE' and the number of
the
>person you wish to be contacted.

*** The AERA takes no responsibility for the information in messages generated in this mailing list.  Messages are the opinion of the author only and not necessarily that of the AERA.