[RC] Why Gait...spoof - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok, we have heard from the "Why trotters" out there.  How about us on the "other" foot or the other two beat feet.

WHY GAIT:
When you can have a super rough trotting horse that jars your guts out.
When you can have rub marks where those "other" guys are sitting on soft seats.
When you can come flying into the vet check in a big tizzy, all strung out and hot and botherd, verses "gliding" in on a velvet carpet to ease off the horse.
When you can be in your horses biggest trot and STILL be passed by that racking sucker.
When you can do like this weekend, go to a ride in the boiling heat and be worked into a total sweat from posting.....while the others guys don't seem to even get dirty.

Just a few thoughts from a die hard trotter.....who will some day get one of those smooth rides when the knees are totally shot.    :))

Jody and the girls heading out tomorrow for Summer Breeze wishing she was able to follow the Tevis online.

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have to agree with the cowboy here. On my old walker my second
favorite gait was the canter - the favorite being the gallop ;-) .
However, unlike Ed, the Paso gate would drive me crazy. It felt to me
like I had sit down on a vibrator. It was smooth but not what I wanted
to ride for a long way. On the other hand some guys perfer blonds, some
guys red heads and some will take 'em both.

Truman