Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:44 AM
Subject: [RC] dogs

I love dogs and mine goes on rides, but always on a leash.  They all can wonder, friendly or not, you never know.  They all pee, some where you don't want them too.  Even ride staff dogs need to be on leashes, they can be territorial and think it's their camp, plus not fair to those whose dogs are on leashes. They'll eat things they shouldn't or things left out for riders or horses. There's just no way on a ride even crew can be watching out for their dog all the time.  Besides when more than three dogs are wondering around together, they form a pack and they can be more aggressive than normal.  I wish all dogs could just wonder, but it's really not safe or fun.

Just my option,

Eron

Dog town sounds fun, but what if you want to be with friends.  And most dogs at the ride meetings are on leashes or a controlled.