Re: [RC] The Science of Sport Boots...please READ! - EquesB

In a message dated 7/20/2005 10:00 P Eastern Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
They will rip the hide right off your horse's legs.
I wonder if it as anything to do with legs that are used to being wrapped.  We used Professional Choice boots on our ponies for cattle round-ups in the palmettos and routine all day rides and never had a horse get rubbed or the appearance of sand in the boots. Now I have jinxed myself when we get cows next week I'll get rubs!

I have since come around to not using the boots except for speed work, arena work, or  chasing cows, I want the legs to be reliant on themselves for support.

Jackie Baker