[RC] Heart Murmur - Porter - Magnumsmom

I was at the ride (did my first 25 on Blue) the day Porter died.
He died at home that night, I think it was just before midnight.
This was June '98.  Anyway, he looked GREAT and we were all
shocked that there might be anything wrong.  We were even more
shocked when we found out he'd had a heart attack.

Stacy used to post to ridecamp a lot.  I think the whole thing broke
her heart too and she hasn't been doing endurance since then.
Life intervenes, but Porter has something to do with it too, I think.
Her post 2 months later is in the RC archives.  It's here:

http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/archives/past/9808/msg00145.html

I don't know if he had a systolic or diastolic murmur.  That's a good
point.  I'd think a diastolic murmur would be more of a concern.

Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM
Magnum and I did our first 50 with Stacy and Porter in '95.  I think it
was for Porter's 1000 miles at that ride.  Stacy is one of the nicest
people you'll ever meet, and Porter was a great horse.  Just enough
attitude and go mixed with the right amount of sweet Arabian.  Porter
LOVED the trail.  He'd had a great time all day.