Re: [RC] SMB I or II - MtnRondi

I don't know if was one of those myths/rumors or what, but I had heard stories about horses that bowed tendons in those Sports Medicine boots. Either the boot was too tall or too tight just below the knee and ultimately caused problems.

We never used leg protection on any of our horses except for Tevis. We rode with lightweight leather splint boots in front and little short ones in the rear just for the first 35 miles. We got rid of them at Robinson Flats. They were pretty torn up from going through the rocks and we figured without them, we would have had some cut up legs.

Leg wraps reminds me of the time I went for a pleasure ride with a neighbor. We both took dressage lessons together and of course, for our lessons we always wrapped our horses' legs with colored polo wraps, mostly to be stylish and to wear a shirt to match, haha.

Well, this neighbor decided she always would ride in polo wraps. We went down into a creek to water the horses and suddenly it was rodeo time for her. The wraps came undone and started swirling around like water snakes and her poor horse just couldn't get away from the "snakes". The faster he moved, the longer the snakes got. Haha... that was pretty funny.

Bonnie