[RC] whytrot? - Ed Kilpatrick

oh, this is near and dear to my heart, and endurance related!   the name of my farm is whytrot farms.  my slogan is,  "why trot when you can run wide open!"    i ride trotting horses and  i ride gaited horses too.   i have done endurance on both.   my gaited horse of choice is the paso fino.   you can have that head bobbin stuff, rackinfool, i dont like it.  i have ridden that running walk, and i will say it is smooth, but i sure dont think it is as smooth as a good gaited paso fino.   and their heads dont bob!   i have ridden lots of different breeds of gaited horses, TWH, racking horse, paso fino, peruvian paso, mangalarga marchador, and colombian trote y galope.     my favorite is my paso fino gelding starbuck who has a wonderful, natural fourbeat gait, but in addition to that, the little bugger can RUN!!   (which, by the way, is another natural gait!)  cowboy ed