[RC] Safety Issue - Ride Managers alert--WHAT words of wisdom? - Susan, Princess of Pink

I'm just now home from a marathon of multi-day rides and haven't read all the posts on this thread.  Forgive me if someone has posted some wisdom in addition to Frank's post.

WHAT words for the wise has been shared to date?  All I've read is bad experiences with white lines and lights across the finish lines.  Neither my horse (a hot Arab) nor my friend's horse (an off-the-track TB) had any trouble crossing the lights in the dark at this WONDERFUL ride but I would be eager to read of suggestions on how to mark the finish line.

I'm a front runner and a ride manager.  I've marked the finish line various ways and have never heard of any riders having troubles crossing the line.  I've crossed the finish line of 100's too and have never had any trouble.  So, since I've not encountered the problem, can someone please enlighten me (pardon the pun) on how to better mark the finish line of a night ride or 100?  Thank you.

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
My horses have "dealt" with bright lights shining in their eyes at the
ends of 100s, with lime lines across finishes, etc. But if a simple
word to the wise can help an RM to do a better job, then it behooves
riders to speak up. We're all in this to have good rides that are also
as safe and pleasant for our horses as possible, and the rider's end
goal is the same as the RM's goal in that respect. A little bit of
friendly communication never hurt anyone...

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)