[RC] Thumps - DVeritas

    I've seen thumps (aka Synchronous Diaphragmatic Flutter (SDF)).
    I've had two horses to whom it happened to.
    One, 110 degrees and a hundred miles at the Four Roses Ride.  It was just a hard day, too much heat, too many.  He was a "fit" horse.
    Second time, my horse did the Big Horn 100 and then we trailered out to Tevis and got pulled for "thumps" at Deadwood.  I asked to much of him.  I rode him beyond the level of his conditioning.
    I ALSO was feeding alfalfa...no grass.
    Hyper-calcemic....probably.

    Frank