From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Truman Prevatt
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 10:24 AM
To: suendavid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Laney Humphrey'; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Fw: health passport

You should point them to FL. You could always get a six month extension
to a healt certificate (a copy into the state along with copies of the
coggines) for travel between FL, GA and AL. As of this year you can now
get an "equine passport card." This is a six month health certificate
passport for travel in most of the SE states plus, OK, LA and Ark. The
only SE state not participating is, you guessed it KY, but the state vet
told me he believed KY will come onboard soon.

You send to the state a copy of a valid health certificate, a copy of
your coggines and a three digital pictures of your horse (one from each
side and a face shot) and they will return to you a card about the size
of your passport - a card about the size of a drivers license with the
three pictures of your horse and all the current coggins and health
certificate data. If he is chipped, branded or tattoed that will also be
noted. It just started this year and was free. I think next year it will
be five bucks per horse - but that's a bargin.

Works great.

Truman