Re: [RC] Southwest (Creede) Colorado - Truman Prevatt

If you go out of Creede to the West up over the divide it leads to a little town called Lake City. Lake City must be a town where old hippies found and stayed. In between the to has got to be some of the best riding you will find anywhere. On top near the divide it's open, good footing and not a lot of rock. It gets a little rougher as you get down.

The bad news for riding is you don't get rid of snow in the high country till about 1 July and it starts again in ernist about 1 Sept. There is some wonderful country in SW CO and there is not much of it I haven't hiked in the last 30 years.

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Just got back from a trip to Creede, Colorado (southwest corner) and
loved it. Took about 10 minutes to get used to the idea of cool mornings
and evenings and mid-days that were just sunny but no big deal as far as
heat goes. Just curious as to whether there are any ridecampers down in
that corner? Too late to ask for a ride, but still curious. My husband
was ready to take early retirement and stay but I don't think he's quite
got a visual of the winter conditions. >g< Since the area is surrounded
by 4 National Forests (96% federal land in that county) and most of that
was wilderness I'm guessing there's no races held near there. By the way,
Jim Holland, I bought you and Jerry & Diane Fruth gifts while there. It's
a decal for your truck that looks like the official US Forest Service
Dept. of Agriculture sticker, but when you actually look closer it's "US
Forest Circus Dept. of Aggravation" >g< I'm putting them in the mail
Monday so watch your mailbox. :-)

--

“You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” Malcolm X