[RC] Looking for training partner in south-western Michigan - Karen Casemier

I'm looking for one (or ideally more) training partner to ride with once a week in southwestern Michigan. Right now, I've only done two LDs, but would like to move up to 50s. My husband rides with me, but has absolutely no goals beyond the 25 mile rides.

I live in Caledonia, SE of Grand Rapids. If the trails are relatively close, I can ride weekdays (this time of year, I prefer to ride early AM before work), otherwise weekends work as well.

I do a lot of riding at Yankee Springs, and with it's many hills and technical trails, it is good for conditioning at a slower pace, but you can't do much speed work (well, I rode there yesterday morning, and the deer flies were so horrendous we shaved seven minutes off our previous fastest pace there!). Ionia State Park is also relatively close by. Hungerford is a bit of a hike for me, but I could probably do it on the weekends. I also know some people have their own little training loops through fields and dirt roads, which is also fine with me (I also have a 10 mile dirt road loop, but I can only get to it from late fall to early spring, due to the farmers' crops).

I think it would be great if we could get a small group together. I don't mind riding alone, but I also like the comraderie of riding with others.

I ride a small Morgan mare with an enormous attitude. She doesn't have much endurance experience, but tons of trail experience and is very confident on the trail -- has babysat a number of greenies on their first trail rides.

You can e-mail me privately at kcrazzmatazz at hotmail dot com.