Re: [RC] [RC] completion awards - April

I'm new. I love t-shirts. My favorite ever is from my first LD. Comfy and still in great condition after 6 years of wearing it a lot. I was so disappointed that my first 50 completion (4 years later) didn't result in a t-shirt. So I went to a t-shirt maker and had her make me one with the ride name and date on the front and my name and my horse's name on the back. I love that shirt, too, even though it's not an "official" completion award. It's still a completion award. :-)

I have several other t-shirts and like most of them. One I've worn holes in. If I'm not working, I'm usually wearing a ride t-shirt.

But after I get 50 or so, I might not like them as well. My thoughts is to have a few t-shirts for the newbies (can ask on the entry) and maybe some other stuff for the others that have a gazillion shirts. Course, that might make the shirts expensive if you're only getting a few of them.

I'd like to see ride logos/mottos on buckets. I think that would be a cool completion award.

I don't get many top ten/weight division or first place -- hahahahaha -- awards so completion awards are mostly those that matter to me.

Oh, one ride my completion award was a photo of me and my horse taken on trail. That was nice. Has the ride name and distance printed right on it. I still bought a left-over t-shirt <gr>, but I like that picture.

April
Nashville, TN