[RC] completion awards - Marlene Moss

Title: Message
I really like getting something with the name of the ride on it.  I know that can't always happen because of expenses so I don't complain if I don't, but that's just my preference!  I love getting t-shirts.  I haven't been able to afford to go shopping for about 3 years now as all extra money goes toward the horses or rides, so I'd be in a lot of trouble without ride shirts.  Actually, if I don't get a shirt for a completion and one is available to purchase I almost always will buy one.  But I have a great collection of Linda Fishers shirts from Kenlyn since I've done that ride more than any other - and none are the same color!

It's great getting useful things or nifty handmade things or whatever.  In general I'm happy with anything - the variety from different rides is cool.  The only time I ever had a complaint was on my first 50 - I desperately wanted a t-shirt or at least something that said I did a 50 in a really cool place.  The completion award was a bot knife - which under many circumstances could be useful so not a bad award.  But I've never had a problem with bot fly eggs and with as much pain as I was in (finding out that CTR in no way prepared my body for a 50!) I really wanted something that showed what I did!

I think if you have sponsors its nice if they can do a gift certificate when it makes sense so people can pick what they need - or even spend a little more than the certificate was for!  I have coveted every Gamma bucket lid anyone has ever gotten (and I just got my first from Susie's Shamrock ride!).
Marlene

Marlene Moss
www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com (saddle fit for the horse in motion)
Available for saddle fitting at Colfax Coalrush endurance ride in NM
www.mphr.org (Mustang Performance Horse Registry)
www.mossrockranch.com (sale horses and more)
719-351-5037 (cell)
719-748-9073 (home)