[RC] paso fino question - Amy Martin

I have noticed some on the list have experience with Paso Finos so thought
I'd ask this question.  I have recently acquired my first gaited horse, a 5
yo Paso Fino mare, and am enjoying getting to know her.  After much internet
research I have decided that her preferred gait is not the expected even
lateral corto but is an uneven diagonal gait which I think is called a
trocha.  I think it is the paso fino equivalent of a fox trot.  She can do
this gait on a loose rein with her body and her neck in a neutral position.
It seems easy for her and rides like a soft jog trot.  I can get her to
corto briefly by lifting her head and containing her forward motion and
pushing her forward.  My question is which gait would be better for the
miles and long run.  I plan to do CTR's and limited distance endurance with
her.  Right now we are just walking as she is green and young and needs a
LSD conditioning base.  Is there anything wrong with just forgetting about
the corto/largo and going with strengthening the trocha?  Will I be able to
develop all the gaits or will strengthening a diagonal gait mess up the
lateral gaits?  She has a nice canter too.  I have ordered the new Lee
Ziegler book for help as well.  All these extra gears are confusing!!

Thanks, Amy