Re: [RC] feeding question - DVeritas

I've been trying to do a lot of reading on what to feed a horse who is overweight, but still needs to eat something to get some supplements down him...
I'd be curious as to which supplements this horse "who is overweight....needs to eat".

The horse is overweight, isn't working and shouldn't some nice grass hay and fresh, cool water be enough?  Then, when the horse starts a work schedule the diet could be adjusted, should it really need be..

It can be discussed as to low thyroid, supplementation, etc...but, perhaps, finding a way to "reset" the horse's metabolism could be a way.  It seems to work with humans, albeit not quickly, but through a dedicated and focused work routine with appropriate feeding.

Time and appropriate work and a reevaluation of the horse's feeding program might be the way to go.

Frank