[RC] Epic vs Old Macs? - jufa

Can anyone tell me the difference between the different boots in weight and breakover? I have used the Old Mac's and found they worked fine at shorter rides (10 miles or so) and slower speeds but when milage and speed increased I was getting some filling which stopped as soon as I went back barefoot. We ride in Lots  of sand so I imagine this has some effect. I have several old easy boots but they sure are more of a pain to use.
Judy