Re: [RC] Tevis question - Cowgirgoof

In a message dated 6/29/2005 1:31:54 PM Eastern Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

that I am doing the best for me and my horse and
make it a positive ride for both us (AND get a completion).  What
is the most important part of the course to just take it easy and
watch your pace to conserve for the rest of the journey, if you
want to DO WELL but not necessarily go gangbusters and top 10.
I do not want to underestimate this course and have never done a
100, so any advice from the seasoned veterans would be VERY
appreciated.  Thanks!!
As a newbie to Tevis, I found the climb out of the first canyon the toughest on George and I. It goes on forever! He had to stop numerous times to catch is wind, which I let him on every switchback.
But...I trotted almost every chance I could elsewhere. Steady, steady!

Becky