Re: [RC] [RC] Bitless Bridle - Erica DeVoti

I use Dr. Cook's bitless bridle almost exclusively on all of my horses at home and at rides.  The key is to get the bend at home on training rides and get them responsive to that.  I have only had one horse that I needed to use a bit at the beginning of the ride, and then was able to switch to the bitless after the first check.  If your horse is a head thrower, you can also use a martingale w/ it.  If I have a hot horse I may tighten the chin strap for the first loop, and then loosen.  All in all I have had great response w/ the bitless on 5 different horses.  I think it is worth a try, esp for a horse that is soured on their bits.  Email me privately if you wish.  ponyxprss @centurytel.net