[RC] Bitless Bridle - mjwest02

I am coming to the best for opinion and input:

Is a Bitless Bridle considered the same as a "side pull" bridle?   A friend let me borrow her "side pull", when come to find out, another friend saw me and said, Oh, you have a bitless bridle just like I use.. Now I am confused.

The results I am trying for are to get the horse to LOWER her head, stretch her back and RELAX.  A curb bit will cause her to overflex, then she nervously chews the bit and will not keep her gait consistent.

Suggestions please... THANKS!

MJW