[RC] AA Omner - EventXC

It is with great sadness that I would like to inform folks that AA Omner passed away tonight.  Omner, once owned and ridden by Bev Gray, had spent the last few years as a much loved therapy horse at the National Ability Center in Park City, Utah. He had been recovering from a bout of colic but suddenly, this evening, took a turn for the worse.  Omner was in the wonderful care of Dr. Bruce Williams' Arcadia Veterinary Hospital.  Although his diligent NAC caretakers, Kelly and Tracy, and I, his veterinarian for the past 13 years, rushed to be with him, Omner chose to move on as he always did...quickly and on his own.  The endurance world has lost an amazing equine spirit, Kelly, Tracy and the NAC have lost a great teacher and guide, and I have lost one of my oldest equine friends.

In honor of Omner, I suggest that everyone go out to your equine partner and friend, give him or her a hug, and tell them how grateful you are to have him or her in your life.

Kim Henneman, DVM, CVA, CVC
Park City  UT  USA