[RC] Werm on trailer floors - Betty Edgar

Title: Werm on trailer floors
Kathy, I had WERM installed in my Sooner a year and a half ago and it looks just like it did the first day.   That's remarkable considering that I have one horse who walks back and forth the whole distance. . . doesn't matter if it's 5 miles or 500.   Couldn't be happier with it.  My trailer is a 3 horse slant and it cost me about $750 and well worth it not to ever have to deal with those heavy awkward mats.  I used to cringe each time a horse got on the trailer for a short haul and immediately urinated.  Now it just doesn't matter.  The WERM material is such that you really don't have to use shavings or any kind of bedding.  Just hose it out.  I tried that for awhile but then decided it was better to have something to soak up the urine rather than having it run all over the place.  WERM is an excellent material and I'd have my stalls and barn alley done in it if I won the lottery.

There was a thread about this about 2 years ago and Karen Chaton highly recommended it at that time.  Does anyone haul more than she does?  As for Rhino, Line-X, or any of the spray ons I believe you'd still need to use mats for the cushioning needed.  So, the spray on wouldn't eliminate having to move mats around for cleaning altho it would assure you that the aluminum flooring would be protected.

Betty