Re: [RC] Safety Issue - Ride Managers alert - DVeritas

Seems a shame to me to be able to negotiate 99.9 miles (or 49.9 miles) of endurance trail and in a race to the finish a horse suddenly finds something with which it can not deal.

I, too, hate riding into a blinding light after having spent hours in the dark...but, if a horse and rider can find a way to deal with all that is to be found in this sport, seems to me that they could stop their bitchin', buck up and finish the ride SAFELY.  If WINNING is so darn important, seems to me that the rider would fix whatever problems (and I mean WHATEVER) problems a horse has, and ensure that a RACE TOT HE FINISH is done safely, and within the abilities of the horse and rider.

Darn, ride managers have it tough enough without having to lay a red carpet at the finish.  Just a well-defined finish line and the RIDER CAN CHOOSE WHAT TO DO NEXT.

Proper decisions during an endurance ride are the purview of the rider of the horse and that ability doesn't stop at 99.9 miles when the rider wishes to race in.

My opinions, as they are...
Frank Solano