Re: [RC] DX: Degenerative tear of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Poor you.  Been there and done that...twice.  All in the same knee.  The other one is not much better.  Don't know if I can cheer you up much.  Since it took me a long time to recover.  Be sure to do your therapy....DON"T CHEAT !!!!!  It will make a difference.  I am post op (the last time) nearly 6 years now.  It will never been "right", but it works.  As long as I can ride, and I still can trot the horse out...I'm fine.  But as soon as they will let you ride, I really think that the conditioning on the horse strengthened my knee/support tendons.

Good Luck.... and take the pain medicine.  At about 7 hours, the stuff that they inject in the joint to help with pain when they send you home...it wears off.  Had I been a rat....I would have chewed that leg off.

Jody

Suzi Maiorisi <stlst@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I know there are many of you out there who have had this done...I'm currently 7 hours post op repair of same Sad smiley emoticon  Also had my right carpal tunnel release done at the same time, so I'm a total gimp on the right side, LOL.  I'm surprised that I'm actually able to walk on it - slooowly and carefully, but moving around none the less.  Please send me knee humor or knee tales to keep me going til I'm back in the saddle again Smiley emoticon
Suzi and Hollywhowisheshermomwouldremaininonepiecelongnenoughtokeepherhappy