[RC] Training question for Cowboy Ed....or anybody. - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Hello Ed and ya'll,
I am needing a little help here.  I have a new horse, well, Joni has a new horse.  He is 7 yrs. old, came to us with NO info on the background.  But, seems to ride really nice for the most part.  He has one vice that I really don't like.  He will toss his stupid head !!!!!!!!!!!!  So, I started him in a rubber mouth snaffle, then after he was feeling better, the head tossing started.  So, I went to the pony hackamore.  He seemed ok at first.  Then he started it again.  So, I put on the standing martigale.  He seemed better at first, then he got to where he Hated it.  He would fight it.  So, I tried a bungi cord.  Thought maybe a little give, but he still tossed.  So, now I am back to nothing, just the hackamore.  He does get a little better as you ride him, or if he is in front on the trail.  Anybody have any ideas????  Joni doesn't mind it as much as me, I really hate it, get mad, pop the horse, then that makes him worse....bad cycle.  I was thinking about putting him in another bit with a little more bite to it for control (this guy really wants to go) and that maybe the "jingling" of the hackamore was bugging him.

If all else fails, I will resort back to the Bible....if it offends you, cut it off.  Or something like that...please don't pick at my screwed up reciting or spelling.

Jody and the girls

Yahoo! Mail Mobile