Re: [RC] hard to syringe horse - JUDYK89

I take care of a friends mare who needs Rinitadine (sp?) twice a day for ulcers (very nervous mare) and had the hardest time with it.  Recently they changed the meds to have a peppermint coating, and when crushed, smell and taste like peppermints.  Now this horse meets me at the gate for her "treat" and wants to eat the whole syringe.

I thought it would be great to buy those soft dinner mints and have them on hand to mix with bute or any other meds needed.  The peppermint really hides the other flavors/odors and most horses love it.

Judy in San Diego