[RC] Hoosier Daddy (1) - FancyNite

First I want to say a BIG Thank you to, Ken, Edie and Amanda Keesee, Mike, Otis, and Tara (Tammy… Well there goes the memory factor!) too, scribes, timers, and every other volunteer.  What a fun ride.  (Not to mention it is only an hour from home, although only 40+- miles, darn curvy roads) Anyway…

I think (if my memory is alive again) there were 54+- in the 50 on Saturday; 58+- on the 25 LD also on Saturday, 10+- in the CTR again, on Saturday. (Don’t hold my numbers here as Bible!)  The Weather?  PERFECT!  74, mild, breezy, overcast (mostly), down right beautiful day!  The trails were great!  So well marked Ray Charles could’ve found his way!

I finally got to meet the wonderful Otis!  He is just that too!  What a nice, pleasant, gentleman!  Even “BUTT HEAD” (aka Fancy Savage Nite) liked him!   Saturday Butt Head and I traversed the trail with our frequent riding Buddies, Cheryl Fenton and Sanegors Secret and as always had a great ride, we finished 17th and 18th, very happy riders we were.  Robert and Saunter (Roberts new Blonde., the “Rocky Mountain Mare”) did the 25 LD on Saturday; it is pretty spectacular to pass them on the trail with HER leading a trail of Arabians behind her.  She LOVES this stuff, she will never be a World Champion, but she is in our family’s eyes, and that by golly is all that matters. Mind you this was Roberts “Mid life crisis”, purchase in January.  He didn’t want to give up riding (terrible back troubles last year) and I still totally admire his ambition and desire. (Man I’m a lucky gal) By the way, Miss Blondie and Robert finished 28th in the 25, not shabby at all for a previous show, brood mare! This was Saunters 5th ride this ride.

Sunday was supposed to be hotter and by George, it was! I think (there I go again, dangerous thing it is!) it reached 82.  But the humidity was bearable anyway. I started the morning off, well lets just say not feeling well!  Mike Habel told me Butt Head was a little stiff after the morning trot out and to warm him up slow, You Betcha!  Therefore, Sunday morning began with more than Butt Head coming from my lips (sorry to anyone who over heard our heated discussion) as I had that bugger’s nose to his chest, INSISTING things would be my way.  I prevailed!  I met up with a wonderfully cheerful lady by the name of Marie, from Tennessee.. (I am SO sorry Marie, I don’t think you ever did tell me your last name) riding an awesome horse named “Magic”.  Butt Head (boy some times I feel bad calling Savage that.. but if the horse shoe fits.) and Magic seemed to be going the same speed and life was good!  Then Jody (Rogers-Buttram), Joni and another junior by the name of Annie (or maybe it was Anne?... Ok, I give up!), anyway.. We had a wonderful morning the 5 of us.  That Joni is something, what a sweet young lady!  Ken Keesee caught up with us.. Then our group was 6.  Poor Ken, riding with 5 females.  (lol)