Re: [RC] Question about my upcoming surgery and riding a 100 miler - MtnRondi

In a message dated 6/21/2005 3:41:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Can I
have surgery on July 29th, have 4 weeks off then come back and
make my first ride a 100?

I think everyone is different. I was in the hospital close to a week, then I didn't feel like riding until 6 weeks later. For me, I had no stamina. I got tired very easily and that lasted a long time, like maybe 9 or 10 months. I did drag myself to my dog obedience class after 2 weeks. I could barely breath after standing for a long time, but she did get first place in spite of her invalid owner.

But you may be bouncing around after 3 or 4 weeks and do just fine on a 100.

Bonnie