[RC] Fly spray allergies - Lani M Olson

I tried searching the archives on this, found tons of comments but so far not an answer for a horse that has become allergic to sprays previously used (Wipe II with Citronella, Endure, Bite Free) over the last few years. She just turned 6 years old. The above will produce large welts (3-4" across) and bad itching, indicated by rubbing on every post or rail available, to laying down and rubbing her belly on the ground and rocks. Tried Avon's Expedition repellant, no welts but itching. Skin So Soft doesn't seem to itch, but doesn't last very long, and the flies LOVE this horse. With our heat and unusual humidity (for us in western South Dakota) I am reluctant to put a fly sheet on - and still need something against flies and ticks when I ride. Anybody found any product to be successful that can be applied? Am trying feeding a garlic, brewers' yeast, apple cider product, but so far she refuses to eat it.
Lani